Thursday 7 March 2013

Hugging the kids a bit tighter...

Its been a sad day today for a number of reasons, a facebook friend & someone whose blog I follow both had to organise funerals for their daughters. Verity, whose daughter Aimee was born sleeping at 32 weeks & Jennie whose daughter was found sleeping & was only 9 months old.  How do they find the strength to get out of bed in the mornings?  My heart goes out to them both & their families.

Then this morning I turn on the tv & find a 16 year old girl was stabbed & killed on her way to school.  It happened in the city where I live which makes it a bit more scary.  What is the world coming to?  In the next 18 months my eldest will start secondary school & when things like this happen, how am I supposed to let her go??  A family is without their princess this evening. RIP Christina Edkins.

I have 18 month old twin boys & the youngest is not the greatest sleeper.  I love my sleep, don't we all & prefer it not to be disturbed but when things like this happen, I don't care if he wakes me up every hour on the hour, I am just grateful that he is here & healthy.  The last few days the children having been having even more hugs than usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment